About the Second Language Writing Interest Section
Statement of Purpose
The purpose of the Second Language Writing Interest Section (SLW-IS) is to provide a forum for researchers and educators to discuss and exchange information in the area of second language writing.
The goals of the SLW-IS are to
- increase awareness of the significance of writing in teaching ESOL
- encourage and support the teaching of writing to ESOL students at all levels
- provide a forum to discuss issues of writing assessment, testing, and the placement of second language writers
- disseminate theoretical and practical information about research in the field of second language writing
- promote further research in the area of second language writing
The TESOL board of directors approved a new interest section on second language writing during the June 2005 board meeting.
Visit http://www.tesol.org/getconnected to subscribe to SLWIS-L, the discussion list for SLW-IS members, or visit http://lists.tesol.org/read/?forum=slwis-l if you are already a subscriber.
SLWIS Community Leaders 2012-2013
Paul Kei Matsuda
Discussion e-List Manager
Web Content Manager
Ditlev Larsen (2011-2012)
Danielle Zawodny Wetzel (2010-2011)
Christine Tardy (2009-2010)
Gigi Taylor (2008-2009)
Deborah Crusan (2007-2008)
Jessie Moore (2006-2007)
Christina Ortmeier-Hooper (2005-2006)