About the Second Language Writing Interest Section
Statement of Purpose
The purpose of the Second Language Writing Interest Section (SLW-IS) is to provide a forum for researchers and educators to discuss and exchange information in the area of second language writing.
The goals of the SLW-IS are to
- increase awareness of the significance of writing in teaching ESOL
- encourage and support the teaching of writing to ESOL students at all levels
- provide a forum to discuss issues of writing assessment, testing, and the placement of second language writers
- disseminate theoretical and practical information about research in the field of second language writing
- promote further research in the area of second language writing
The TESOL board of directors approved a new interest section on second language writing during the June 2005 board meeting.
To subscribe to the SLWIS email list, log in to TESOL, go to "My Account", and click on "Update Interest Sections. If you are already an SLWIS subscriber, go to http://community.tesol.org/group.htm?igid=58741.
SLWIS Community Leaders 2013-2014
Paul Kei Matsuda
Discussion e-List Manager
Lisya Seloni (2012-2013)
Ditlev Larsen (2011-2012)
Danielle Zawodny Wetzel (2010-2011)
Christine Tardy (2009-2010)
Gigi Taylor (2008-2009)
Deborah Crusan (2007-2008)
Jessie Moore (2006-2007)
Christina Ortmeier-Hooper (2005-2006)