About the Second Language Writing Interest Section
Statement of Purpose
The purpose of the Second Language Writing Interest Section (SLW-IS) is to provide a forum for researchers and educators to discuss and exchange information in the area of second language writing. We invite you to join the conversation—contact a SLWIS leader for details.
The goals of the SLW-IS are to
- increase awareness of the significance of writing in teaching ESOL
- encourage and support the teaching of writing to ESOL students at all levels
- provide a forum to discuss issues of writing assessment, testing, and the placement of second language writers
- disseminate theoretical and practical information about research in the field of second language writing
- promote further research in the area of second language writing
The TESOL board of directors approved a new interest section on second language writing during the June 2005 board meeting.
SLWIS Community Leaders 2017-2018