Special issue on The use of rubrics to assess writing: Issues and challenges
A special issue of Assessing Writing, which is to appear in October 2015, will be dedicated to the exploration of issues and challenges with regard to the use of rubrics to assess writing in both large- and small-scale contexts. Papers that address the following are invited:
• The validation of rubrics
• Educational consequences of rubric use
• The development of rubrics
• Teacher education in the use of writing assessment tools
• Teacher research into the use of rubrics in the classroom
• Rubric use for different writing assessment purposes (e.g. placement, diagnosis, exit)
• Research on the formative use of rubrics
Interested authors are invited to submit an abstract of their work (not more than 300 words) by 31 May 2014.
Authors invited to submit full papers will be notified by 1 August 2014.
Deadline for submission of full papers for review is 1 January 2015.
Please submit abstracts for consideration to:
Special Issue Editor
Wright State University, Dayton, OH USA